My Journey

Dec 12, 2021

Some tips on using clear aligners

As previously posted, I am now embarking on an Invisalign journey.  I’ll be putting the second pair tomorrow.  The first one were fine.  I did not experience any pain.

In preparation for the new pair, I’ve got some ideas, which I think can be helpful in making this journey more bearable.

  1. I will not be changing both the upper and lower trays at the same time.  I am going to change one first, maybe the upper one, and leave a gap in between.  I’ll change the lower one when the pain resulting from changing the upper one, if any, has subsided.  But I won’t let the gap to be too long.  Maybe 24 hours at most.
  2. To avoid discomfort from eating after changing to the new pairs, I am going to fast on the day I change them.  So, I plan it in such a way that the change takes place early morning, after sahur, on Monday.  Since I change my aligners on weekly basis, I get to fast every week too.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...