My Journey

May 12, 2018

Breathing fresher air of Malaysia

Wow.  The past couple of days have been overwhelming.  Great, happy, suspense, surprised ...  All blended together in anticipation of what is going to happen next.  Yes.  Malaysia is going to have a new government, ruled by what was once, opposition.

Our 14th general election held on the 9th of May 2018 was definitely history making.  BN, who has been ruling the country for 60 years, was defeated by the coalition of opposition parties.  Something that once upon a time seemed impossible to happen.  The news has been making headlines across the globe.

I am proud to be Malaysian.  I am proud of my fellow Malaysians who are brave enough to embrace change.  I am  happy that the people now have finally realised that they have the power to decide and I hope that they will be more confident and wiser in exercising the power.  Above all, I am extremely proud as Malaysia has managed to undergo this transition without any riots and the like.  A new Malaysia that is more mature, Insya-Allah.

And proud to be part of the history making event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...