My Journey

May 29, 2013

V-day

May 2013 is coming to its end and there isn't a single post yet this month!  Well, May is always a busy month for me.  This May, I especially dedicate it for this entry.  Yes, Alhamdulillah thumma Alhamdulillah, I have passed my PhD viva voce yesterday with very minor corrections.  It was a smooth session conducted in a very amicable ambience.  It lasted for only 50 minutes or so, where half of it was my presentation.  I didn't prepare much really.  I waited for so long already for this session and when the time came, I just wanted to get over with it.  Few hours before the viva, my supervisor told me that one of the external examiner was not able to make it to the session.  Well, I thought that was a good sign.  If he decided not to come, that would probably mean that the corrections are minor.  Half an hour before the session, my supervisor told me that reports from all examiners indicated minor corrections.  That news was such a great relief to my butterflies-filled stomach and I proceeded to the viva session with comfort and confidence.  Upon entering the room that had already had seven people in it, I tried to smile nervously at everyone.  That was when the external examiner told me that everything looked okay and it was going to be positive.  Alhamdulillah.  And the rest of the session was just a formality.

I hardly write about my PhD journey here in this blog.  This was the only entry about it before.  And I guess this is going to be the last.  I would like to thank every single person that had made it possible for me to end this journey with a happy ending.  My supervisor, my husband, my mum, our beloved kids and friends.  Special thanks from yours truly, Dr. Hazleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...