The next thing is of course to look for a 'suitable' umrah package from a reliable travel agency. There are so many options available and to make a decision is not easy. Here are basically what I am looking for in the offered packages.
- Flight. It has to be MAS. I don't have much experience travelling with other airlines, even for domestic flights.
- Direct flight. No transit. Because we are taking our kids along. The preferred route based on my reading and recommendations from other people is KUL-MED-JED-KUL route. Yes, arriving at Madinah and leaving from Jeddah. The point is, we will only need to ride on a bus between Makkah and Madinah once.
- Price. It has to be affordable, of course. We will also be taking my mum along, which means that whatever the price, it has to be multiplied by 6 more or less.
- Distance between hotels and the two masjids, Masjidil Haram and Masjid Nabawi. Again, taking into consideration my aged mum and the kids.
- All in one room. It will be good if all of us can stay in a room, rather than having to pay for two rooms or having my mother stays with another lady in another room.