My Journey

Jun 28, 2013

How did I become a computer engineering graduate?

As if anybody care, ha ha.  Well, post SPM is the time when one would start seriously thinking about what one wants to be. In fact, it begins as early as post PMR when one has to decide whether to continue into the science stream or art stream.  For me, the decision to continue into the science stream was made because my SRP (PMR now) result qualified me to do so.  Simple.

When the SPM results were out, like others, I had to make another decision. Popular choices amongst my schoolmates from the science stream at that time were to become medical doctors.  I was like 50-50. I was not that eager to become a doctor.  And I certainly did not want to be part of something just because it was popular and famous.

The other obvious choice was engineering.  I chose chemical engineering because it sounded more feminine to me.  Next, I applied for an A-Level sposorship, hoping for a chance to study overseas.  That was the time when one of my uncles told me about the job prospect of a chemical engineer, which was not very good at that time.  Reality hit.  He suggested that I pursue computer science course instead.

Well, I spent two years in the science stream.  I could have just continued into the art stream and lead an easier life if I were to enrol into a computer science course.  I saw a bit of waste of effort there. So I insisted to do something 'engineering' and Alhamdulillah, found a good combination of both, the computer engineering course :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...