My Journey

Nov 9, 2012

"Don't tell me in UNITEN"

I am 'enjoying' a two-day breakaway from office work since yesterday, attending a research seminar and the launching of CREAM journal at Akademi Kepimpinan Pengajian Tinggi (AKEPT).  I met a senior academician there, who was very frank :).  Here is a snip from our conversation yesterday.

She: Are you doing your PhD now?
Me: Just completed. Submitted and now waiting for viva.
She: Good for you.  Where did you do it?  Don't tell me [that you did it] in UNITEN.
Me: Nope.  I did it in the UM.

And the conversation continued.  Apparently she had just received her PhD from the UM last year and she shared her viva experience with me.  It is good sometimes to talk to a frank person like her because it brings you to reality.  UNITEN has a long way to go to establish its research reputation, that was the point that I got yesterday.  So, calling all PhD graduates from UNITEN, prove that this lady is wrong.  Otherwise you will only confirm her 'hypothesis'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...